Saturday, September 02, 2006

Eccl. 5:18


"Behold, that which I have seen to be good and proper is for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy good in all his labor, in which he labors under the sun, all the days of his life which God has given him; for this is his portion. "



















Some of our grapes are ripe and we are eating them. The ones above need a week or two.

The extra grapes have gone into grape juice (pasteurized for drinking):

















And some of it is going into wine.

Our first figs are slowly coming along. Beans, berries, and eggs round out the produce from the back 1/8th acre. And there are roses. It is our portion.

Soli Deo Gloria.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

All makes me feel quite at home.
--DW

Zack said...

The chickens are my portion.

I shall not want.

Vic said...

Zack, you ole reprobate (I say that affectionately). You always want.

Mike Pitzler said...

Do figs grow in these here parts, partner?

(I've linked you guys now at my little blog, btw.)

Vic said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vic said...

Yes, figs grow around here. I've seen them in the backyard of some friends. Ripe and tasty.

They just haven't quite done it in our backyard. But at least this year, after five years of trying, we see some fruit for the first time. I've been more tolerant of or fig than what is directed by Scripture.

Zack said...

Vic you ole this and that. (I forgot what else I was going to say. Don't worry it will come back to me: I will write it in my memoirs.)