Friday, August 04, 2006

Coolidge, aka Ahasuerus, responds to "that dog"














It seems that talented yet underachieving dog who owns the Zartmans has tagged me.
http://kamelda78.blogspot.com/2006/08/well-read-dog.html

I have graciously allowed my servant, MordechaihiVic, to answer for me:

1. One book that changed my life:

Esther. King James version. As soon as this was read in my presence, I understood my place.

2. One book that I've read more than once:
Cats of Lamu, Jack Couffer. A wonderful book about cats descended from the royal Egyptian courts, isolated on a Muslim island. Many pretty pictures.

Also, the cat diary on the web. I read it every day: http://webpages.csus.edu/~sac81922/day_183_of_my_captivity.htm

3. One book that I'd want on a desert island: Glamorgan's Tales, A Cat's Garden of Verse, Lauren Bain (Bottomly)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0966852400/104-5823217-8712749?n=283155

It was written and published by the people who think they own me.

4. One book that made me laugh:

The Incredible Journey, Sheila Burnford. I laughed when the dogs got into trouble.

5. One book that made me cry:

The Incredible Journey, Sheila Burnford. I cried when the cat got into trouble.

6. One book I wish had been written:

See second answer to #2 above, my story needs to be told.

7. One book that I wish had never been written:

101 Uses for a Dead Cat, author not to be named. Some people are beneath even my contempt.

8. One book that I am currently reading:

I do not read, but I am having read to me John Owen's little known work, "A Vindication of the inclusive interpretation of Jonah 4:11 and universal salvation of animals, and animadversions against the Popish doctrine of the unelected animals."

9. One book that I have been meaning to read:

Cat & Dog Theology: Rethinking Our Relationship With Our Master by Bob Sjogren and Gerald Robison. Actually, I want my people to read this.

Now Tag 5 people:I must pass on this. I lower my sceptre and retire for the day.

2 comments:

Zack said...

I am insulted by your description of me as 'underachieving'. Just the other day someone refused to come in the yard because they were afraid I would rush at them. (The male laughed, but that is one of those things as the publisher of Glamorgan's tales says, that 'just happen'.) I frequently stand at a safe distance and bark at the next door neighbor. I once bit the female, when she interrupted my attempt to father children on the (male) dog next door. I have frequently roused her at 3 AM and made her aware of the presence of bugs in the yard. I once followed the male, undetected, to the bus stop and got on the bus with him. Of course I was laughed off again but it was a highly effective way of embarrasing the male, whose face seemed slightly flushed as he booted me off the bus.

I will have to read that work by Owen. There is a cow around here who takes that passage to indicate that the elect animals are all cattle. Sadly it appears that there is only one copy of Glamorgan's Tales in print, and my female told me I can't afford it.

Mike Pitzler said...

Didn't it break your heart when Cat Stevens changed his name to..uh, something else?

(Can I respond to this, just being the fly on the wall?)