Friday, August 04, 2006
Coolidge, aka Ahasuerus, responds to "that dog"
It seems that talented yet underachieving dog who owns the Zartmans has tagged me.
I have graciously allowed my servant, MordechaihiVic, to answer for me:
1. One book that changed my life:
Esther. King James version. As soon as this was read in my presence, I understood my place.
2. One book that I've read more than once:
Cats of Lamu, Jack Couffer. A wonderful book about cats descended from the royal Egyptian courts, isolated on a Muslim island. Many pretty pictures.
Also, the cat diary on the web. I read it every day: http://webpages.csus.edu/~sac81922/day_183_of_my_captivity.htm
3. One book that I'd want on a desert island: Glamorgan's Tales, A Cat's Garden of Verse, Lauren Bain (Bottomly)
It was written and published by the people who think they own me.
4. One book that made me laugh:
The Incredible Journey, Sheila Burnford. I laughed when the dogs got into trouble.
5. One book that made me cry:
The Incredible Journey, Sheila Burnford. I cried when the cat got into trouble.
6. One book I wish had been written:
See second answer to #2 above, my story needs to be told.
7. One book that I wish had never been written:
101 Uses for a Dead Cat, author not to be named. Some people are beneath even my contempt.
8. One book that I am currently reading:
I do not read, but I am having read to me John Owen's little known work, "A Vindication of the inclusive interpretation of Jonah 4:11 and universal salvation of animals, and animadversions against the Popish doctrine of the unelected animals."
9. One book that I have been meaning to read:
Cat & Dog Theology: Rethinking Our Relationship With Our Master by Bob Sjogren and Gerald Robison. Actually, I want my people to read this.
Now Tag 5 people:I must pass on this. I lower my sceptre and retire for the day.